Tank Water Heaters vs. Tankless Water Heaters
When deciding between a tankless and a tank style water heater, it’s important to understand how each unit operates.
A tank style water heater uses gas, propane, or electricity to maintain gallons of water at a certain temperature. When hot water is needed, the water heater then mixes hot and cold water for the correct temperature and dumps it for use.
A tankless style water heater does not hold or maintain gallons of water at a time. Instead, using gas, propane, or electricity, water is pulled and immediately heated up to the correct temperature and then dumped for use.
Depending on your house needs, either option can be beneficial. More importantly, the plumbers and technicians with SAL Plumbing and Rooter Inc. can perform both a tank water heater installation as well as a tankless water heater installation. We have fully-stocked trucks with everything we will need for an installation. We can also remove your old water heating unit and install the new unit in its place. Contact us today, (818) 975-2131, for more information about a tankless water heater installation in the Sherman Oaks, CA area.
Is it Time to Replace Your Hot Water Heater?
Most traditional tank water heaters have a lifespan of about 8-12 years. If you water heater is coming up on that age mark, have you considered replacing your unit? There are many water heating options on the market, but a constant debate we see is between tank and tankless water heater units. Which is better? Which is worse? When choosing a water heater for your home, there are many things to consider. You shouldn’t have to worry about who will install your new water heater. The professional plumbers and technicians at SAL Plumbing and Rooter Inc. are ready to help
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
Tankless water heaters have many benefits for homeowners, including:
- Smaller units: Tankless water heaters are significantly smaller than tradition tank units, making them space-saving. These are great for homes with smaller square footage or that just want a smaller unit.
- Water “on-demand”: Tankless water heaters can quickly heat water, so it seems like there is always water on demand. Rather than having to wait for a traditional tank water heater to bring the water up to temperature.
- Long warranties: Most tankless water heaters offer very long warranties because the lifespan of these units is so much longer than traditional tank heaters.
- Longer lifespans: As mentioned, tankless water heaters have a lifespan that is essentially double that of a traditional tank water heater. Instead of lasting about 8-12 years, tankless water heaters can last 15-20.
Tankless water heaters are also great because of how energy efficient they are. Since they don’t have to main water at a certain temperature, there is less energy output produced. Many homeowners find this very advantageous as it can help save money to be allocated for other purposes.
Disadvantages of a Tankless Water Heater
- Upfront cost: A big factor against tankless water heaters is the cost. These units are an investment, so the upfront cost is going to be much higher than a typical tank water heater.
- Modifications: While tankless heaters are smaller, they can require certain electrical modifications to accommodate the different type of water heater. Which can also add to the initial cost of investing in this unit.
- Smaller tank, less water: The smaller the unit, the more likely a tankless water heater is going to operate past its abilities. Especially if too many people try to use hot water at the same time or back to back.
- Maintenance: Though tankless water heaters have a longer lifespan, the maintenance required is no less than a traditional tank water heater. This means yearly inspections and regular maintenance, which can be costly.
When considering a tankless water heater, it is important to remember that this is an investment. Any investment will have advantages and disadvantages, but a huge part of that does also come down to the installation. Working with a reputable and reliable plumbing company can help take away a lot of that stress. SAL Plumbing and Rooter Inc. is the reputable plumbing company in your area. We have the necessary experience to quickly and efficiently perform a tankless water heater installation in your home.
Contact SAL Plumbing and Rooter Inc. for Quality Water Heater Installation
SAL Plumbing and Rooter Inc. is a family-owned business in Sherman Oaks, CA. We have over 10 years of experience with plumbing, pipe repair, and water heater installation. As tankless water heaters have become more and more popular, we educated ourselves and our technicians with the most up-to-date information and methodologies. We are prepared to help assist with your tankless water heater needs. Contact SAL Plumbing and Rooter Inc