Garbage Disposal Services
Garbage disposals are high demand, high maintenance appliances. It can be easy to neglect a disposal, but doing so can lead to many costly problems. It’s important to take care of your disposal to prevent further damage or issues. For garbage disposal repair needs in the Sherman Oaks, CA area, contact SAL Plumbing & Rooter today, 818-574-8522.
Garbage Disposal Repair
Garbage disposals are high demand features for any kitchen and keeping up with regular maintenance can help extend the life of your garbage disposal. Most disposals actually last between 8 and 15 years before the blades become worn out or the motor burns up. It’s important to take care of your garbage disposal because it is also connected to the plumbing in your home. Accidentally sending the wrong thing down your disposal can have negative effects on the rest of the plumbing.
For a damaged or bad disposal, there are a few things to look for:
- Bad smells: You may be able to smell a broken disposal before you can see any actual damage. Rotten or rotting food stays at the bottom of the disposal. If this is happening, contact SAL Plumbing & Rooter to check it out.
- Leaks: Disposal leaks usually indicate that parts of the disposal installation weren’t sealed correctly. Any trained plumber can go through to make those repairs. But a professional plumber will go through to check for any other potential damage caused by the leak.
- Clogged/jammed disposal: Many people continue to use their disposal even while it is clogged or jammed, which only leads to more problems. When you notice your disposal is jammed, call SAL Plumbing & Rooter immediately.
- Making noises: Grinding, metallic sounds are indicators of damage to the internal mechanisms of a garbage disposal. Call SAL Plumbing & Rooter as soon as possible to check your disposal.
- Doesn’t work: When your disposal won’t even turn on is a sure sign something is wrong. Check the circuit breaker to make sure the disposal is receiving power. If that doesn’t resolve the issues, contact SAL Plumbing & Rooter as soon as possible.
No matter what the reason is, if you feel there is an issue with your garbage disposal, contact SAL Plumbing & Rooter as soon as possible. Doing so can help avoid potential damages to your disposal as well as your home.
Contact SAL Plumbing & Rooter for Quality Service
SAL Plumbing & Rooter are a full-service plumbing company offering a variety of services, including garbage disposal installation and repairs. We are dedicated to providing quality service to our clients as well as to our community. Find out why homeowners choose to rely on SAL Plumbing and Rooter Inc. for garbage disposal repair services in Sherman Oaks, CA. Call us today, 818-574-8522, for more information.