Your Go-To Plumbers in the Greater Los Angeles Area
Many people don't even realize their homes have a leak until it turns into a major problem. Leaks can be extremely damaging, costly, and come with time-consuming repairs. Fortunately, swift action can minimize any potential damage caused by a leak and restore pipe function. If you suspect that your home may have a leak, it's important to contact Sal Plumbing & Rooter, Inc. today. We have the equipment and skill to fix your home in no time.
Give us a call today at (818) 975-2131 to learn more about our services.
Give us a call at (818) 975-2131 for more information or to schedule your free estimate! We offer service in both English and Spanish.
What Causes Leaks?
Leaks can have a variety of causes but inevitably all leaks can lead to significant damage to a home. The following are some of the most common causes of water leaks:
- Broken seals: Seals can break over time, allowing water to escape from the pipe. This can be due to age, extreme temperatures, or poor installation.
- Clogged lines: Any blockage in the line will cause a build-up of pressure, which can lead to a leak. Blockages can come from grease, mineral deposits, or tree roots.
- Corrosion: Rust or corrosion on metal pipes can create small holes and cracks that allow water to escape.
- Damaged pipe joints: Pipes that don't fit together correctly due to cuts or bad installation can cause gaps where water can escape.
- Excess water pressure: If the pressure of incoming water is too high, it may cause pipes or fittings to fail over time due to stress.
Why Leaks Are Concerning
Even a small leak can be extremely damaging if left unchecked. Not only can it cause water damage but also health concerns and expensive home and pipe repairs. Water damage can be especially problematic due to its lingering effects, which can go unnoticed and affect the market value of a home. In other cases, it can be absorbed into wood or drywall and damage the structure. For example, the support beams can be weakened and pose a dangerous situation.
Another concerning issue with leaks is mold and fungi. It's almost impossible to completely rid homes of spores and when they are exposed to moisture, the spores will activate and spread all around your home. These spores can cause all sorts of issues, ranging from mild irritation to complicated breathing issues. For those with pre-existing conditions, their reactions can be more severe. It’s therefore crucial to attend to any potential risks immediately before they spiral into something much worse.
“I had my tankless water heater serviced with Sal plumbing and it was a 10/10 experience the technicians were on time and professional. I recommend this company for any plumbing service needs.”- Jonathan C.
Signs of Water Leaks
Regularly inspecting your home for any signs of a water leak should be an essential item on your maintenance list. Here are a few signs that indicate it’s time to call a technician.
- Higher water bills: An undetected water leak can be the reason for unexplained bill increases. Small leaks can add up quickly and run up your water bill.
- Mold and mildew: The water and moisture from leaks can allow mold and mildew to grow. Not only is the appearance unpleasant, but it can cause respiratory issues for those exposed to it.
- Water stains on ceilings: Dark spots and discoloration on ceilings can be signs of a water leak.
- Sagging ceilings: a leaky roof or pipe can cause this and signals that you need immediate repair. Sagging ceilings are dangerous and can cause a complete collapse.
- Peeling/blistering paint: If the paint on your walls is beginning to peel or blister, this may be a sign that there is a leak behind it.
Professional Leak Detection in the Greater Los Angeles Area
Call Us Today
Sal Plumbing & Rooter, Inc. is a family-owned and operated plumbing business prizing itself on providing quality services to customers in need of leak detection. Our knowledgeable technicians can quickly pinpoint the exact source of the problem using miniaturized camera technology. Once the issue is determined, we’ll further inspect the problem and repair or replace to have you back up and running in no time. Additionally, we offer our customers convenient financing options and promotions that make it easier than ever to get the help they need.
Call us today at (818) 975-2131 or schedule with us online!
Learn helpful plumbing advice from our blog.Learning Center
- Bel Air
- Los Angeles
- Sherman Oaks
- San Fernando
- Santa Monica
- Woodland Hills
- & More!